- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.
For our final blog assignment we have been asked to write about out dream vacation with S-Trip! For over 35 years S-Trip! has been a leader in student travel providing life-changing trips to over 40,000 students annually in over 40 destinations around the world. S-Trip! travelers are encouraged to become global citizens; opening their eyes to new cultures, languages, and experiences. Recently named Profit Magazine’s 25th fastest growing company in Canada, and recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies by Deloitte and CIBC, S-Trip! is a leader in student travel in North America. Find out more at www.s-trip.com.
After you have checked out the website, you can understand how excited I am to have the chance to win the social media queen award and a trip! My Dream Vacation would take me to beautiful Paris. France is one of the top destinations on my travel-bucketlist and I would be ecstatic to have the chance to visit. I have been studying French all throughout high school and plan to further my studies next year in university as I study second-language teaching. A vacation in Paris would help me develop my speaking skills in an authentic french setting as well as immerse myself in the French culture. However, I wouldn’t be alone. S-Trip is all about providing trips for groups of friends, graduating classes, etc. so I would bring my best friend, Nick, with me! We are honestly the best of best friends you will ever find and I wouldn’t want to explore the world with anyone but him.
For my dream vacation with S-Trip I would like to stay in a small home on the outskirts of Paris, somewhere in the country. The home would not be too far from downtown so we could get there easily. I would love to work part-time as an au-pere, teaching children to speak English. I love kids and french, so mixing those two things together would be perfect! Doing that during day hours some days would still leave me with lots of time to sight-see and explore the area with Nick. Nick really enjoys food and cooking etc, so we would definitely visit a different cafe/restaurant everyday and try everything… and I mean everything. I would also love to do some wine-tasting (although I have never had it, I hope I would enjoy it for this trip’s sake).
Along with visiting different restaurants, we would tour the city by foot, or bicycle. I would like to take pictures near the Eiffel tower and tour the Louvre. One place that would be so extravagant to visit would be the Palace of Versailles! It is absolutely beautiful and I don’t think I would ever forget walking through those gardens. Lastly, I would like to spend the evenings experiencing the Paris-nightlife, dancing etc. A boat ride on the Seine would be amazing at sunset, or a picnic by the water.
My S-Trip dream vacation with my best friend would be the best time of my life. I would be able to de-stress, relax and feel comfortable. The memories we would make would be incredible because I could do everything I love, in a place I can only dream of one day visiting!
Where would your dream vacation take you? Please comment below and let me know and be sure to search S-Trip on Facebook and Twitter for more information about planning your own amazing trip with friends!
S-Trip! takes student travellers on unforgettable adventures around the world. Celebrate the exciting conclusion of high school in the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica or Bahamas with all your friends on Grad Trip. Spend a weekend skiing or snowboarding at one of Canada’s premier mountain resorts on Ski Trip. Experience culture, sightseeing and events in Montreal or Quebec City on Busaway. Make a difference in an underdeveloped country on an impactful student Volunteer Trip. Explore the culture and history of Europe on Euro Adventure. For more information visit www.s-trip.com.
All images found on google.
First of all, I would like to thank Niagara Falls for sponsoring the Miss Teen Canada World 2nd blog challenge! If you have not visited Niagara Falls, I definitely recommend that you do so, there is many tourist attractions to take advantage of and The Falls are beautiful!
I have the luxury of living in Simcoe County, an area which encompasses the popular, Wasaga Beach! The longest freshwater beach in the world, it is a popular summer tourist destination, situated at the southern end of Georgian Bay, about two hours from Toronto. A boardwalk runs most of the way along Beach 1 and 2 with beach 1 drawing the largest crowds and the popularity decreasing further west. There are many shops and restaurants along the boardwalk as well as cabins/cottages/houses for rent very close by. The energy from the beach is evident in the music and laughter heard all around, and although Wasaga beach makes for a great area for friends, it is tremendously family-friendly. In the area, there are many recreational trails that are used for hiking, cycling, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling and the Nottawasaga River offers game fishing and canoe routes to explore.
While in Wasaga, be sure to check out the Scenic Caves! Open in both summer and winter, you can experience self-guided walking trails through caves and caverns carved millions of years ago by glacial ice. There are numerous spectacular lookouts with panoramic views of 10,000 square kilometers of Georgian Bay and you can walk across the longest suspension footbridge in Ontario — 126 metres long. With many activity packages, you can customize your visit to make the most of it! If anyone has ever been to Scenic Caves, please comment below I am very curious!
For those of you who have not been paintballing, let me begin by telling you that it can definitely be a lot of fun! Wasaga Beach Paintball Adventure is Canada’s premier indoor/outdoor paintball megapark and has been operating since 1992. The park contains 13 unique fields (such as a western-themed town, tank-attack field, etc) on over 70 acres of beautifully wooded, landscaped terrain designed specifically for paintball. They’ve also got two outdoor airball fields, one natural grass and one brand new astro-turfed X-ball field. Other facilities include: Proshop, Snack Bar, Lounge Area, Complete Washroom Facilities, Picnic and Barbeque Area, Free Parking, Personal Storage Area with lockers and Certified Equipment Technicians. Wasaga Beach Paintball Adventure will be having their annual player appreciation day on October 20, 2013 and will be hosting Canada’s largest paintball game August 17, 2013.
Overall, Wasaga beach is an amazing tourist destination and a highlight of Simcoe County! Please comment below any of your experiences in the area and if you have never been, I recommend you visit this summer.
(I will be posting photos of myself in Wasaga this week when I visit!)
Signature Towels is famous for making high quality monogrammed towels that are perfect gifts because they convey a personal touch – like they are from someone who really cares about the recipient. With a $250K budget, actors, cameras and sets etc, I am in charge of creating a thirty second television spot for Signature Towels to market their personalized bath towel. Click on the link and check out what they have to offer!
The Big Idea: Market personalized towels as a versatile product by following the life of various well-known Canadian athletes.
In my opinion, celebrity endorsement of products can be a very effective way to draw an audience and get people talking. The athletes/celebrities I would want to star in my commercial would be Sidney Crosby (hockey), Christine Sinclair (Olympic soccer), Georges St-Pierre (ultimate fighter) and Milos Raonic (tennis). By featuring people from many different sports I hope to have the viewer relate to at least one of them. I believe all of these people act as great role models and definitely make Canada proud with their passion and determination to succeed.
The Breakdown: a look at each scene in the 30second spot.
1) The first scene will feature Sidney Crosby. He is playing in the last seconds of a tied hockey game, skating the puck down the ice. The camera pans out to show the crowd cheering in anticipation then shows a close-up of crosby’s face, looking intense with sweat beading down his face. The camera shows the timer counting down. Crosby’s maneuvers the puck around the other team, shoots, and SCORES as the buzzer sounds! The players are then shown in the locker room after the game congratulating each other. A player slaps Crosby on the back and says “good game”. Finally, the scene ends as Crosby walks out of the showers with the signature bath towel around his waist. The camera does a close up on the embroidered name along the side and Crosby smiles as he is packing up his gear.
Setting/mood: This scene is used to show intensity and adrenaline in the hockey arena. This scene is used first because it is very eye-grabbing and fun. The locker room is fairly bland so that the towel stands out.
2) The second scene features Christine Sinclair. Christine is in the midst of a heated soccer game, sending and receiving passes all over the field. She is tripped by a player on the other team, but stands up and keeps going. The camera shows her being shouldered by other players as well as intricate footwork with the ball. The game ends and her team is shown hugging each other. Camera changes to show Christine relaxing into a bubble bath, her muscles sore. As she looks to get out, she notices her towel is missing. Her mother knocks on the door, brings the towel in and places it beside the tub. Christine sighs in relief and a close up of her hand is shown grabbing the towel where her name is beautifully written.
Setting/mood: This scene is used to show relaxation and personal satisfaction after completing a task. The towels are seen as a product that can be cherished as more than just a material object, and as something that symbolizes comfort and reassurance. The room is lit with candles and beige “spa” tones are used.
3) The third scene features Georges St-Pierre. The signature towel is shown hanging in the washroom as the mirror fogs with steam from the shower running. GSP leaves the washroom with fighting shorts on and the towel around his neck. He looks at himself in the reflection of his trophy-case and does some warm-up punches etc, and says “I got this”. The camera then shows parts of his fight (not too violent) and the final moment when his arm is raised as he is named the winner.
Setting/mood: This scene shows the towels as part of a routine or “pre-game ritual”. This scene is meant to show confidence and preparation. The focal point of the room is the trophies and the embroidery on GSP’s towel is gold to match.
4) The final scene features Milos Raonic. It is winter and he is in a chalet with some friends. His friends are watching replays of Raonic’s latest tennis match on t.v. when he enters and says “come on guys, lets go for a dip!” The friends are shown entering an outdoor hottub where they laugh and have a good time until it is time to get out. Each person grabs their personalized towels and wraps up in them. One friend remains in the tub without a towel, calling to the others to get him one. “Milos got these for us” they tell him as they show their names on the towels. Raonic enters the scene carrying the towel for his friend and says “don’t worry buddy, I got one for you too”. He leaves the towel on the chair my the door, a fair walk from the hot tub and says “but you have to come get it!” The friends go back inside, laughing and the camera zooms in on the signature towel as the brand name/logo appear on the screen.
Setting/mood: This scene shows the towels as part of a fun time with friends. The towels can be a part of the athletes’ lives on their off-season. The scene is set outdoors during the winter to show that the towel can be used for a variety of things and to enhance the Canadian
Overall, I think this idea would work very well to sell the personalized towels and further commercials could be made with the separate athletes interacting and bonding because they realize they both have the towels. I would like to thank Signature Towels for sponsoring the MTCW pageant. For more information on any of their products including personalized towels, bath towels, or golf towels, please visit their website www.signaturetowels.com and check out their blog site which I found very informative!
Thank you for reading!